Sunday, December 20, 2009

don't stop

Hello! Welcome to the noise.

There is a peculiar thing with me. See, I am ambitious until I am not ambitious anymore. "Jace!" Huh? Oh, what? "That doesn't make sense!" It totally does. Also, don't talk over me. Jeez.

Let me sum it up. There are lots of things I want to try as a hobby - even a job, such as programming, DJing, writing and so on. The thing is though, is that most of these seem like too much trouble and I never get around - let me rephrase that - never get arsed to actually practice or even do any of these things. It is very much like a child that wants to be a famous actor or musician when he becomes older, except he never ponders over his actual musical or acting prowess.

"But Jace!" Fuck, what now? "They are kids! Let them dream!" That is perfectly fine, they can dream! I just feel as though I am in this sort of position, like I'm trapped in some sort of whimsical dance, and I'm trying to stop dancing and maybe take a break and learn how to be a DJ, programmer or writer, and - "Jace!" Christ! What?! "Your analogy stopped making sense!" I don't even care. Get fucked. Smartass.

You know what? I've probably got the best chance out of the three to get a writing gig in a few trillion years, and writing is probably what I want to do. I enjoy writing, and apparently some people enjoy me writing too. Although I'm not sure I want to try something different with my life, spark some shit up, or get a normal office job. "But Ja-" FUCK OFF. No more talking. Let me finish.

An office job may sound horrible to you, compared to a job that is, say, hanging out with a turtle, and as awesome as that turtle may be, you might start not liking the turtle. Or maybe the turtle starts to hate you. Maybe he hates your fucking guts. You start getting miserable. Soon, you realize that maybe there is too much of a spark in your life, a spark that you may not even be able to shut down before it shocks your ass.

I might be wrong, however.

Although, as unexciting as an office job may sound (and be) it is something I might want to be involved in. I don't know why. Maybe it is the cubicles, and hanging out with the same people every day, saying good morning, and even if you do hate someones guts, you might not hate some other person's guts, and there is something warm and cuddly about being bored with the same people every day, and working with them.

I'm thinking it is the cubicles though.

Scalawag.
Jace

5 comments:

  1. Jace seems to enjoy swearing at one of his many personalities. Honestly, I'd find it better to be working with this one amazing (or not so amazing) turtle then being stuck at a desk in a cubicle. But that's just me.
    Maybe you like the cramped space with little oxygen, the same boring people day in day out and the addiction to coffee. But I'd rather hang with a turtle.
    Now I'm pondering life with a turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe I just don't question the morality of life and should just stay with the status quo.

    I picked a strange or abstract thing as a job partly to be funny, but mostly to show how little freedom you can have with jobs. Things like chilling with a turtle for cash you can't objectify or comprehend in life.

    Although getting paid to hang with a turtle would be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree. I think with jobs you can have a lot of freedom if you do things right. Like say for example you get a college degree in biology and then you become a marine biologist, you will still have a lot of other jobs you can move around with from that degree. But that's if you do it right.

    I think it's about the person too like if you don't like your job don't just complain, change jobs.

    Yes... We must find a rich turtle and hold him at gun point til he pays us to love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are starting to miss my point a bit. I'm not directly relating this my rant up there about the quite big selection of jobs that exist, but more that with a job, you must work. In most, if not all, jobs you must work for your paycheck. Whilst if you were to say hang out with a turtle or something similar, you would not get paid, and you would do it as a hobby, ala have it is a pet.

    It is also just me trying to figure out what I really want to work as in life, and of course I want to enjoy myself with my work. Which is why I am having trouble with this whole crazy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell you what. I will pay you to hang out with a turtle.

    I think the idea that when you work you actually have to work it understood by the majority of people.

    I know the feeling. Today I was asked "What are you going to study in Uni" and i have absolutely no clue which is slightly stressing.
    But i don't see why we even need to think about that yet we're only fifteen. I think we have time...

    ReplyDelete